I can't believe how quickly the summer has flown by - or how long it's been since I've updated the blog. Back to the Shame Cave! Let's flash back to Mother's Day. We had a nice relaxing weekend. Sort of. One thing about being the mom and having moms is that Mother's Day ends up involving a whole lot of running around trying to fit a lot of celebrating in one day. We are so lucky that we get to spend so much time with our parents. Let's face it...Scott and I both have INCREDIBLE mothers.

On Saturday, we went hiking with Aunt Tiff. Bells Canyon was a little harder hike than we were expecting for the little ones but they toughed it out, hiking straight up the hill for about a mile and a half in the heat of the day till we got to this lovely little lake. The trail head for this hike is literally 10 minutes from our house so we're looking forward to lots more time in the mountains. There are such treasures hidden so close to where we live, it's almost criminal not to take advantage of the great outdoors.

On Sunday, we had brunch with Mom and Dad, then played in the sprinklers
all day and then headed to Scott's parents for dinner. Sloane was
FILTHY after playing in the yard. I love the dirt in the crease of her
neck. It might not be much of a badge for me as a "good mom" but I think
kids should get dirty and have fun. We did get the kids cleaned up and
presentable before heading off to dinner.
Sloane's version of getting dressed for dinner included a nice updo...with plastic spoons, aka "Dinglehoppers." She may have been watching too much Little Mermaid lately.
Best part of the day for me? These two. They are my joy. And watching them play and share and laugh together is the best present I could ever ask for. Knowing that they are the real gift makes every day Mothers Day.


No comments:
Post a Comment