Thursday, March 3, 2011

Celebrate!

 
Not one, but TWO new jobs for my little brother! Becky and Harper were the first, but not the only ones to congratulate him on his new gig at Adobe. It's bound to be a big change but it will challenge him in all the best ways (not the least of which will be finding a Starbucks in Orem).

We all had a little toast with champagne, although the kids' version of "bubbly" was Sprite. This was Tagg's first experience with anything carbonated. I'm kind of proud of that. He is 2 1/2 and I think a lot of kids this age are already into Super Big Gulps. I should be especially concerned since every time we go through a drive-up I hear this little-dude voice from the back seat - "Mommy's Diet Coke?"

Don't worry too much about the bridesmaid champagne flute...it was just the littlest one we had. And if you can't tell, he loved Sprite so much he literally licked the glass. Luckily, has not asked for it again since. Whew! Mom's soda addiction has apparently not been passed down to the next generation.
To celebrate Marc's other new job — he traded up from Red Lobster (cheapskate, coupon-bearing, no tipping, all-you-can-eat-shrimp clientele) to the Wild Rose (lovely, 5-star but affordable, non-chain with a great wine list). I hope he likes it because I know I will enjoy eating there more! Tagg and Uncle Marc shared a little toast. Tagg has actually been doing "cheers!" for a long time. With anything. Apple slices. Wheat thins. Waffles. Noodles (that's not an easy toast, by the way).

We are so proud of Marc! He's worked so hard on his career and this new gig offers so much opportunity for him. Cheers all around!

No comments: